16 January 2006

A Feast of Rest

In the deck: Why Hip Hop? / Various Artists / Cross Movement Records

Wow, what a weekend. I'll tell you what I saw and did because only YOU are privy to such information. Ready? Here goes...

Friday night was a blast. JR and I went to 24 Hour Fitness. Usually I go to Gold's Gym, and I was somewhat biased toward 24 Hour because of all the things that I had heard about it (e.g. "It's a meat market in there." "They're [staff] like used car salemen.") It wasn't really all that bad though, just different. Then we watched "The Fantastic Four" film that came out last summer. I was in the mood for a little mindless entertainment and it definitely filled the bill.

Saturday brought a rain storm and a new roommate, Tim, moved into my house. In the afternoon, JR and I went to cheer on the Cardinal women's basketball team as they crushed the California Bears. Then it was on to Oaktown to have dinner with longtime friends, The Dluzaks. Joining us were my good friend Jeremy and his fiancée, Jackie (more on them in a subsequent blog). We ate curried chicken and played games like Guestures and Who? What? Where?, which I particularly enjoyed. I drew a picture of Fred Flinstone breakdancing in a volcano which I am very proud of. I should have saved it, so that I could share it with you.

Sunday, in the words of Saint Therésè, is a feast of rest. And what a feast! I slept in until noon, and then joined a friend for a discussion of Zane's Book Club® January selection, Story of a Soul, by none other than Saint Thérèse of Lisieux! Truly a beautiful piece of work written by a beautiful soul.

Then it off to mass at Saint Athanasius to celebrate the Eucharist. Well, not really, because I'm Presbyterian. I will conclude by saying that this weekend a fun time was had by all.

-- End transmission --

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home