02 July 2006

My trip to Victoria/Vancouver, part 1

What up fam. This is ya boy writing to you from Ocean Island Backpackers Inn in beautiful Victoria. I'll give y'all a brief recap of what happened on Saturday. I spent most of the day at SF Internat'l airport. I volunteered to give up my seat for the 8:10 AM flight in exchange for "executive class" on a later flight and a $200 voucher. I lounged and napped in the exective lounge most of the morning and afternoon. It was great. On the plane, I had plenty of leg room, complementary beverages and meal, and a seat that massaged my lower lumbar region.

I arrived in Victoria at around 7:30 in the evening, checked into the hostel, went to the room for a nap, and slept for 11 hours. I awoken at 11:30 pm by the explosion of fireworks. July 1st is Canada Day. Other than that, my sleep was sound.

Today I woke up early and caught a bus to Swartz Harbor, where I caught a ferry and two more busses to Vancouver. I met up with Tony, this cat I know from Hands on Bay Area, and his sister and friend, "Magic" Dave. I took in a Shakespeare play, Measure for Measure. We dined at a fusion/Indian restaurant and I took the rest of the day getting back to Victoria. It takes, like, 4 hours one-way. Time well spent? Aeh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

How was the remainder of your trip?

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home